Pages



Friday, May 13, 2011

Sunshine Lollipops and Rainbows

I've been so sick this week. It's like a horrible cold..or something. I really think that we women should get a free pass from one sickness after having a child. Especially those of us who throw up our entire pregnancy. Who's with me on this? I think we should petition. 
I guess the hard part about being sick is trying to take care of the kids. Mom to mom, I really respect you all right now. I usually have Dave around when I get sick, but now he's in school and I don't want him to miss any. It's quite an effort just getting the boys fed, getting Jared ready for school, and taking care of Pepper, who wants me constantly. I'm really grateful for my next door neighbors. They've been taking Jared to school for me quite a bit lately and it really is a blessing. 
I'm feeling a little better today, now I'm just coughing, and trying my best not to pass this stuff on to Pepper. I've been watching her like a 'hawk'. (haha get it, "hawk" cuz we're Hawkes?) Sanitizer is my best friend this week. Still too fashionable to break out a face mask. At least I'm honest.

On a positive note, it is gorgeous outside today. Ahhh, the birds are singing, the sun is shining, and it feels like a brand new beginning. I took Pepper outside and we sat under the big apple tree out front..she got to hear birds singing for her first time. This is what I daydreamed about during my pregnancy. This is what got me through the down moments. I daydreamed about spring, sunshine, sitting in the grass with my baby girl, and listening to birds sing. 

On a side note: Thank you so much to all family who actually read my blog! I mostly blog for myself and our little family as a way to document things, but I love sharing our lives with everyone. I discovered a couple of new family members have been reading this week and I was so excited to hear that! It really means a lot to me that you are interested in what I have to say, and all the shenanigans we're up to! Sometimes I really feel like I'm blogging to a void so it's nice to know that the people I most respect and love are reading all my nonsense. ;) Thanks also to all strangers and friends who read as well, especially those who comment either here or on FB. I love comments..*sigh*. Oh and I love friends. (I would love strangers too if I knew who they were)

I have a lot of pictures to post, but since I'm laying on the couch with my laptop and don't have them here, I will post some cell phone pictures. The quality is exceptional.

 Jared is becoming quite the little artist. I'm loving his imagination. If you can't guess what this is then I don't know what to tell you.


 Another sewing project using only scraps. I didn't use fusible fleece for the inside, so the fleece kind of bunched up in there, but it's acceptable for a first. It's a camera strap, in case you were wondering. I love the pocket, since I'm constantly losing my lens cap! Tutorial is HERE.

And this is Ashton the other day while I was sick. He told me he DID NOT like Sesame Street about 10 minutes before. Thank goodness for netflix! I know you're SO jealous of our TV. You'll get over it.


No comments :

Post a Comment