Pages



Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The NICU Journey

Baby Pepper is three days old today! She is dealing with a few things (reflux etc) and they had to put her on a little bit of oxygen and she also now has a feeding tube. She is getting my milk through the tube and seems to be tolerating it pretty well but she's just way too young to know how to suckle. I go in every day about 3 times and help out with her care and cuddle with her. I'm so glad we live within 5 minutes of the hospital! I am really busy with driving back and forth, pumping, trying to establish a routine, and making sure I give the boys the attention they need as well. I am also going in for a ct scan tomorrow to see what the kidney stone situation is looking like..and I will possibly be going in for surgery within the next couple of weeks to have them all removed once and for all. I came home from the hospital yesterday at noon and I feel like I haven't had a chance to breathe ever since! This is madness! But we're doing well, just trying our best to adjust to the changes and not lose our minds. Having a baby in the NICU is such an emotional rollercoaster, and although this is our third time around the block, it doesn't make it any less difficult. We really appreciate all the support and prayers on our behalf! I will keep the blog updated so everyone can keep up with Pepper's progress.

Today Dave gave me a break and took my milk in for me and spent some time with her. He is so excited about her and is so sweet with her.

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

1 comment :

  1. We're thinking about you. We can't wait to meet her. I'm sorry it's so crazy right now. Give her some extra kisses from us.

    ReplyDelete