Pages



Sunday, August 22, 2010

4th of July

I've been following (and quite frankly obsessing) over a blog about furniture building this summer. Knock Off Wood had an idea to build an independence day flag from wood scraps and paint...so I got crafty and made one! Thank goodness David left his drill behind..we became REALLLY good friends. 
I've yet to successfully build anything more complex, I have measuring issues. You should see the bookcase I attempted to build from scrap. Can you say Leaning Tower of Pisa?
I will be building the boys beds very soon, but not without a little guidance from my husband:)





A few of these photos are from June at my parent's house.




Our Fourth of July weekend turned out to be rather eventful. David was in North Carolina for the week and I wasn't quite sure what we would do for the holiday. Luckily we have some really awesome neighbors who invited us to tag along with them to pretty much everything they did! 
Here is Jared and his buddy at the Hyrum parade. We were at the very end of the route thus the parade participants not only looked hot and exhausted, but they were completely out of taffy. Boo!!
We still enjoyed it. 












We also went to watch fireworks on the lawn at the USU stadium. 
They were awesome. 
I have never photographed fireworks before, it took me a while to figure out the right exposure but once I did I got some really cool shots. 




We also went to the Cache Valley Cruise-In with my parents..
My cute Dad narrated the entire parade for us. I now know every year, make and model of every car that entered this year:) 

Ashton LOVES my Dad. I mean, yeah Jared is totally infatuated with him too, but Ashton and my Dad have a special bond. 
On Monday the 5th we went to my parent's house again and my Dad filled up the back of his 4x4 with warm water for the boys to play in. They LOVED it.


So anyways, that was our 3rd,4th, and 5th how was yours?

No comments :

Post a Comment