Pages



Sunday, February 07, 2010

The Secret of Life

Dave has been convinced for the past 6 1/2 years that I have OCD because I insist that if we just make it a habit to be clean and organized, it won't take much more effort than it would to have to clean up after a week of chaos.
Then recently I dicovered a blog called The Dying Art of Keeping House.
When I stumbled upon Melanie's blog(thanks to Lesia!), I found that I am not alone in my quest for organization and domestic domination;)
 She blogs about making organization a part of your day and ways to keep your home clean and orderly on a daily basis. I was beginning to think I was crazy for thinking it was possible until I read her blog post on the subject. 
Since I implemented her suggestions in my life, I have been able to maintain a clean organized home, run the business, and still have tons of time to spend with the hubby and kids. I have even started home-preschooling Jared. It's definitely worth looking at if you're a Mom and a wife.

Her last blog post was on pretzel making so we decided to give it a go.
 The boys absolutely LOVE cooking and baking(I will get them a play kitchen as soon as we convince Daddy that it won't make them fruity) and a lot of our time is spent in the kitchen making a huge mess.




So here's to Melanie, who is pretty sure that butter is the Secret of Life.

(I'm telling you, I can't keep clothes on these boys!)
The boys(AND David) had a blast shaping the dough into snakes and dinosaurs but I stuck with the traditional pretzel shape. 

After we baked them we brushed them with butter and sprinkled them with coarse salt.


We gobbled them up so fast...
All warm..and salty....
mmmmmmm pretzels...




The recipe is HERE

1 comment :

  1. I love reading Melanie's blog. If you leave a comment she WILL answer it. I did and the next day her whole blog was on the answer to my question. I don't even know her. She is a friend of my friend. I love the way she thinks and I have found I do a lot of the same things as she does. And you pretzels look yummy!

    ReplyDelete